Preparation Strategy for Enterprise Information System and Strategic Management
Your search for the right guidance and an effective strategy on how to prepare for Enterprise Information System and Strategic Management (EIS & SM) has landed you on this page.
In this blog, we will assist you with some effective tips which you should follow in your EIS & SM preparation. We will also highlight some important topics of this crucial subject of CA Intermediate Group 2.
Why Study EIS & SM?
We need to understand that the traditional role of a Chartered Accountant, which was restricted to accounting and auditing, has now changed drastically. There has been a remarkable shift towards strategic decision-making and entrepreneurial roles that add value beyond traditional financial reporting. CAs who want to reach high in the corporate ladder need to be sound in the concepts and principles of Strategic Management.
With significant developments in Information Technology, the budding CAs need to inculcate the requisite IT skill set which is necessary for achieving professional competence. A deep understanding of EIS & SM is therefore crucial to understand the fundamental concepts of Information Systems & Business Process Flows, E-Commerce & M-Commerce transactions, Core Banking Systems, and Financial and Accounting Systems.
What to Study First for EIS & SM?
Though every topic of the subject requires time for its better understanding, however, there are a few topics which should be studied on priority. You should consider focusing on the below-mentioned topics first when preparing for Enterprise Information System:
- Control Chart
- Emerging Technology
- Core Banking System
Similarly, important topics for Strategic Management to be studied on priority are as follow:
- Dynamics of Competitive Strategy
- Organisation and Strategic Leadership
- Strategy Implementation and Control
Explained: Preparation Strategy for EIS & SM
SM is scoring and easy. EIS, on the other hand, is comparatively difficult to learn and retain as it is a bit technical. But you need not worry. We have a simple yet effective strategy for you to easily prepare for the subject.
1. Consider starting your preparation with SM and try finishing it at the earliest. By doing so, you will be able to allocate the much-needed time to EIS properly. Timely completion of SM will also boost your confidence and will help you to give you a fresh start to your EIS preparation.
2. Make notes in your own words. Summary notes are convenient and are very beneficial for last-minute revision. To know how, read: Importance of Note Making for CA Exams.
3. Presentation matters a lot when attempting the EIS & SM paper. It is important to supplement your answers with labeled diagrams and control charts. While writing answers for SM, try to give examples of real business aspects. This will help you to fetch more marks.
4. Make your answers sharp and rich in content. Avoid generic explanations and be technical in your answer. Usage of appropriate technical terms while answering demonstrates your knowledge of the subject and will eventually create a good impression on the examiner.
5. Needless to say, MTPs, RTPs, and PYPs are the backbone of CA exam preparation. Attempt at least one mock test to check your preparedness for the exam. Also, refer to the latest RTPs and PYPs to understand the exam pattern and for better preparation. Read How Important are PYP, MTP & RTP for acing the CA Exams
We, at OnePrep, understand that CA exam preparation requires a conceptual understanding and clarity of all subjects. We are aware of all the challenges that a CA aspirant has to go through during his exam preparation. They struggle to find the right mentor, there is a lack of reliable study material, amongst other challenges.
However, with OnePrep by your side, you will get the much needed peace of mind in your preparation. CA exam preparation has become simpler and easier than ever before. OnePrep has brought a revolution in CA education. It has everything you need to ace CA Foundation, Intermediate, and Final on one single platform.
It is available on ALL DEVICES and has the DREAM TEAM for CA which includes the BEST and BIGGEST names in the field of CA education: CA Parveen Jindal, CA Bhanwar Borana, CA Aaditya Jain, CA Pankaj Garg, CA Raj Kumar, to name a few.
Wherever you go, you can carry the Dream Team with you and get anytime & anywhere access to quality CA education instantly.
All the best for your exams. Stay tuned for more updates.
Own Your Dream
Follow us on Instagram
Preparation Strategy for Enterprise Information System and Strategic ManagementApr 29 , 2021
CA Intermediate January 2021 Result Announced by ICAIMar 26 , 2021
Average Student’s Guide to Crack the CA ExamFeb 11 , 2021
Presentation Skills for Writing CA ExaminationsJul 29 , 2021
Most Important Topics for Direct Tax Laws and International TaxationApr 09 , 2021